Saturday, September 3, 2011

Football!

Today's the first football game...and it's pouring.  Somehow I do not see how this is going to work out or how my attitude is going to stay positive while sitting out there.  But I am going to try and make the best of it!  Football seems to be a big thing here at ISU..sports in general actually.

I am grateful to have a day off on Monday!  I've got A LOT of things that I need to get done.  The to-do list seems to just keep growing and growing.  It consists mostly of uneventful things, like homework and papers that need to be completed for this week.  I am really enjoying my Children's Literature class..it will probably end up being one of my favorites.  I get to read children's books all day..how bad could it be?!  Of course there's papers and book reviews to go along with them..but it's not difficult.  Math will be the death of me this semester. I feel so dumb in that class..It is definitely not just me that doesn't understand it...to the tutor I go.  Well  not yet..I am going to start out with the Math help room and then if I still don't get it hen I'll get a tutor.

Speaking of tutoring..and mentoring.  Work is going much better!  We had an employee meeting Thursday afternoon to find out the basics of what the advisors want and how they want things to be organized..and it's going to be more work in the beginning but will start to taper off..and then basketball season starts and I'll be working with those guys and it starts all over again.  As long as my guys are doing their work I can sit there and study and do my own homework.  Which hey, the way that I see it is that I am getting paid to babysit them, keep them on task, and do my own homework.  Of course it doesn't hurt that there's a few good looking guys thrown in the mix..I should stop now, haha.  My mom is going to start calling me a jersey chaser now.

Well, the girls and I are going to watch Something Borrowed now!  I am so buying this movie when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment